10.6.08

yowsah



So, before this post begins, I'd just like to mention that I've been posting sporadically because I am driving across the United States. Sometimes, at the end of the day, I just want to eat some food, drink a beer and pass out. I hope you can forgive me. (By the way, I'm moving to San Francisco, so if you're there, send me an e-mail! We'll hang).

Today, a classic Earth People track remixed by our man Kerri Chandler. The original of "Dance" uses Chic samples (from "Dance, Dance, Dance (Yowsah, Yowsah, Yowsah")) for its chorus, and so in a sense, this is reworking of more than one track. Chandler's 124.5 bpm mix is truly grooving, with nicely-padded kicks, a bouncing bass, and a sax line that might be one of the more infectious of recent memory. With nice hi-frequency synths riding over much of the track and secondary percussion that maintains the funk, it's hard to go wrong here.

Earth People- Dance (Kerri Chandler's Centro Fly Remix)

Tomorrow, something for the cowboys. Fags.

(PS-- Sorry about the Bojangles image above-- in no way is it meant to offend.)

No comments: