2.6.08

back with a vengeance



HEY! I have arrived again. Sorry about the long wait-- I was too busy graduating from college, seeing Kelley Polar and Morgan Geist play live, record-shopping with the latter in Cleveland, DJing dance parties, being with friends, getting sloppy, moving out of my apartment, getting ready to move to San Francisco, and so on. Been a very busy time. But for your patience, I'm giving you two wonderful treats today, both of them not readily available elsewhere.

The first is pretty self-explanatory: Lee "Scratch" Perry, a very high king among kings in the world of music, is working on a new album. The infamous Andrew W.K. is producing this album. A pretty much unseen video produced for the Pitchfork juggernaut came my way, and it is featured in its entirety below, minus the dumb-ass intro that Pfork puts in the version on their beta site of Pitchfork.tv. Not only is it incredibly funny, but it seems like it might actually be an interesting album. So, get ready for some illegal dub-reggae action courtesy of my lovely anonymous sources.

Jesus Christ Will Be Here With a Rainbow: Lee "Scratch" Perry and Andrew W.K.


Secondly, though I have posted many remixes by 7ev3 in the past month, his remix of Dead or Alive's "You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)" is too good to not share, though it should be noted that it comes at the apex of a mix-- just imagine a DJ building up to this track, and you sort of have an idea of why I'm posting it.

Dead or Alive- You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) (7ev3 Remix)

Tomorrow, a surprise!

No comments: