17.10.08

that's how he works



I promised something new today, and I'm sort of keeping my promise. What I'm giving you today is our dear reader Confab's edit of Larry Levan's edit of the Celestial Choir's "Stand on the Word." A classic at the Loft and the Paradise Garage, Levan's edit of the track was a legendary peak-time floor-filler, and Confab's edit pumps up the kicks and extends some of the more breath-taking elements of the original edit. Quite an awesome tune, and quite an awesome edit! More excellent stuff from Confab!

The Celestial Choir- Stand on the Word (Larry Levan Edit) (Confab Edit)



Next up, another Gospel track, this time courtesy of Gospel-house legend Kenny Bobien. The reworking of the standard "I Shall Not Be Moved" is a lesson, not only in how Gospel has influenced countless house tracks, but also in cognitive dissonance-- you "shall not be moved," but the 126-bpm track compels you to move like wild. Some people don't understand why I love Kenny Bobien so much, but his New Jersey house sound and soulful pipes overpower any qualms I might have with his faith. This is an awesome track, and can actually be rocked at parties-- I've worked it with success before!

Underground Ministries featuring Kenny Bobien- I Shall Not Be Moved (DJ Meme Mix)

Tomorrow, thinking some dubby techno to ease you into Saturday.

No comments: