24.8.08

lover boy



Last night, Steve Bug made his first appearance in San Francisco in over seven years. For a guy who goes to Miami and New York quite a bit, I found this fact quite surprising-- you'd think a gay house icon like Bug would love to play to crowds out here. Unfortunately, I missed his set because I was at an Audrey Hepburn/Cary Grant- themed dinner party, but I'm certain it was an awesome time.

So, without further ado, I give you a version of Bug's classic, "Lover Boy," that Bug re-worked himself. With the original's same deep kicks but with more acid flair on both the low and high ends, the version below is a bit more Detroit and jacking than the original. The ominous piano loop of the original is made even more ferocious and pitched up a bit, and the vocal sample follows suit, sounding more androgynous than in the original. An old classic that I hadn't thought of for a while, I'm glad that Bug's appearance brought it into my mind again, even though I had to miss his appearance.

Steve Bug- Lover Boy (Re-Worked by Steve Bug)

No comments: