9.7.09

subbin'



First of all, I'm now writing for XLR8R, so you can check me out over on their site-- my first reviews are for the Silk Flowers' self-titled first album and Chris Tietjen's Vier mix CD on Cocoon. Check them out!

Also, I've abandoned today's original post idea to present a track that I totally slept on last year which Tietjen's mix introduced to me: Timo Maas' 2008 big-room banger, "Subtellite." Jesus, this track is fucking insane: deep kicks, secondary tribal percussion with plenty of flourishes, gorgeously-syncopated stuttering Spanish-guitar bits, and a bass-line that propels the listener into the outer hemisphere, with the builds to make it even more evident. Images of people losing their shit to this dance on the eyelids. Most definitely one of the best tracks of 2008, in retrospect, and I cannot get enough of it. Something that you should hear, for real! On Cocoon Recordings.

Timo Maas- Subtellite

Tomorrow, mayhaps something jazzy.

No comments: